Bicycle Safety: 5 Ways to Help Keep Your Kids Safe on Bikes! by Dr. Bridget Boyd
4 years ago
Nearly 700 people die each year from bicycle and motor vehicle accidents. Distracted driving is a real epidemic in our neighborhoods and puts our children at risk for serious injuries or fatalities.
- If your child is out biking, make sure that they are extremely cautious around driveways.
- Encourage them to be careful when biking on roads.
- Never dart into and out of traffic.
- In fact, a child shouldn’t even ride their bike in the street until they are older than 10 years.
- Also, it’s a good idea to always know where your child is going and whom your child is with, even if they’re teenagers.