Bicycle Safety: 5 Ways to Help Keep Your Kids Safe on Bikes! by Dr. Bridget Boyd
11 months ago
Nearly 700 people die each year from bicycle and motor vehicle accidents. Distracted driving is a real epidemic in our neighborhoods and puts our children at risk for serious injuries or fatalities.
- If your child is out biking, make sure that they are extremely cautious around driveways.
- Encourage them to be careful when biking on roads.
- Never dart into and out of traffic.
- In fact, a child shouldn’t even ride their bike in the street until they are older than 10 years.
- Also, it’s a good idea to always know where your child is going and whom your child is with, even if they’re teenagers.