How to Make an Easy All-American Apple Pie (It Really Is Easy As Pie)! by Donna John
7 months ago
What's better than a slice of apple pie? A slice of an easy-to-make apple pie!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts
- 5-6 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Here’s how you make it:
- Let two pie crusts sit at room temp about 20 minutes, then lay one on the bottom a glass pie plate or aluminum pie pan. Press to form the crust. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour into the pie crust.
- Cover the filling with the second pie crust and seal the edges. Cut a few slits in the top. If you feel so inclined, cut strips and do a lattice top.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden and apples are tender. Cool pie at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Tip: If edges of crust start to brown too quickly, cover them with strips of aluminum foil.