The Mystery of the Perfect Mom: Finding Her Is the Quest of a Lifetime! by Laurie Balles Simpson
My quest to be the perfect mom began many years ago.
- When I was pregnant, I wondered if she, too, wasn't sure if she'd bottle or breastfeed.
- I wondered if she, too, questioned whether staying at home with her baby or bringing her to daycare was the right thing to do.
- I wondered if she ever had a toddler throw a fit in the store.
- Would she, too, let her preteen have a Facebook account and would she require knowing their password?
- In all her glorious maternal perfection did she ever lose her cool, cry from exhaustion, choose to not read the book to her child that night or realize at 3 p.m. that she hadn't yet brushed her teeth.
Oh, how I've wished I could sit down with her to ask, or read her book if she wrote one. In the meantime, I just keep being the best mother I can be.