Sensory Play for Kids: 8 Creative Ideas for Sensory Play With Baby Using Household Items by Jennison Grigsby
Trying to figure out ways to entertain your baby? Having trouble finding the right toys to buy? Don't fret. Some of Baby's favorite toys are already in your house! Provide your little one with a variety of sensory experiences by using household items. (Adult supervision required, of course.)
- Play with ribbon or silky scarves
- Metal strainers are a lot of fun
- Cardboard boxes (Need I say more?)
- Tupperware containers (minus the leftovers) can be used in many ways for play
- Play the drums with pots, pans and wooden spoons
- Add water, glitter and food coloring to plastic bottles to create a sensory bottle
- Fill plastic jars with popcorn kernels for a homemade shaker
- Place cooked spaghetti and Baby in a large plastic bin for a fun (and messy) hands-on experience
Your child will love playing with, and exploring, these homemade – and virtually free – sensory toys!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baby Toys $5 & Up
Sensory Play Toys $7 & Up
Books About Sensory Play $5 & Up
Baby Games $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.