Sensory Play Activities: How to Make Colored Rice for Your Sensory Play Table by Mike Prochaska
Sensory play is important for toddlers and preschoolers because of the experience and multitude ways it allows them to learn. Here’s how to make colored rice for your home sensory table!
- 5-pound bag of rice, or whatever size you want, depending on how much colored rice you want to make
- jar with lid (I used a pickle jar)
- food coloring
- cookie sheet
- aluminum foil
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees F.
- To the jar, add a tablespoon of vinegar, food coloring and at least 1 cup of the rice.
- Shake the jar! Mix it all up. If the rice is not turning bright enough, add more food coloring and continue to shake.
- Pour the colored rice onto a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and put on the counter to dry.
- Once dry, pour it onto your sensory table. We used a Tupperware container, so when the kids were done playing with the rice I just put the top back on. Add scoops and little buckets, too, to make it even more fun.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
White Rice $2 & Up
Jars With Lids $4 & Up
Food Coloring $4 & Up
Vinegar $2 & Up
Cookie Sheets $8 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.