Sorting Clothes Can Help Toddlers & Preschoolers Learn (Seriously, So Stop Hatin' on Laundry)! Here's How! by Kaila Weingarten
Sort and match clothes with your toddler or preschooler! Why? Because sorting laundry can help your child work on matching, sorting and math skills. Here are some ideas!
- Ask your children to sort and stack their laundry by putting all like things together such as underwear in one pile, socks in another.
- Let them sort clothes by "owner" (my shirts, Dad's shirts, Mom's shirts).
- Let toddlers sort clothes by color. Tell them the color as they sort.
- Ask your children to match a shoe with a shoe, a sock with a sock.
- In the morning, lay out your child’s clothing on the bed. Ask your child to give you the socks, pants, shirt, shoes.
The next step is to teach them how to put all those clothes away!