Math Fun & Games: 5 Ways to Practice Math at Home With Kids by Kaila Weingarten
Is your child struggling with math? Here are five ways to work on math at home!
- Practice math facts in a fun way.
- Play a math-related games (UNO, Othello, Mancala, Blokus, Pentago or Connect Four).
- Use wooden blocks. Kids of all ages gain spatial skills.
- HoodaMath.com is a free online math site with more than 700 games. The app is free all summer!
- Play “Guess My Number.” Think of a number, tell them the range and then let them ask yes or no questions to get clues. Talk about which questions best help narrow down the numbers (“Is it odd?” vs. “Is it 3?”).
Now things should all add up, Mom!