Disciplining Kids: 5 Steps to Help Parents & Babysitters Get on the Same Page! by Jill Ceder, LMSW, JD
Discipline is not effective without consistent limit setting and consequences by all caregivers, not just parents. Here are five steps to stay consistent with discipline!
- Choose what limits mean the most to you and allow your child freedom within those limits.
- It’s confusing to kids when parents/caregivers change the rules so be consistent.
- Losing your patience, yelling or reacting in a harsh manner will show your child that his behavior elicits a reaction and may encourage him to act out.
- Expect your child to challenge you.
- Parents should talk get all caregivers on board.
Keep those things in mind and you’re on the road to a harmonious child care experience – for everyone!