Feeling Frazzled? Don’t Get Zapped! How to Get Grounded & Let Energy Flow Through You by Amanda Hainline
Do you run around looking for your phone while you are talking on it? Do people move slower than you but get more done? Are you in a constant frantic rush and wish you could just chill? If this sounds like you, you need to get grounded.
People can move from frantic to fabulous by getting grounded. I describe this as grounding your energy to the earth, like the way a lightning rod directs energy from a bolt of lightning into the earth so it won’t damage a building or the electronics (or people) inside.
When we aren’t grounded, all of the little things in life that throw us are kind of like lightning hitting a building that doesn’t have a lightning rod. The experiences fry and frazzle us, causing us to react in ways that we often regret. By grounding your energy, you are directing the energy and experiences that hit you in life to go through you, instead of throwing you for a loop.
Grounding Your Roots
- Ask yourself: “Do I feel grounded right now? Am I calm or nervous? Am I overthinking things or is my mind clear?” Observe how you feel overall and have a number from 1 to 10 in your mind, with 1 being ungrounded and 10 being very grounded.
- Use your intuition and envision roots coming out of the bottoms of your feet. How far in the ground are they? What color are they? Are they bright and looking healthy? If they are fairly shallow, push them further into the ground. Focus on them going deeper instead of just spreading out. After pushing them further into the ground, how do you feel?
Grounded Root Breathing
- First, perform the technique above and get your roots into the ground.
- Next, take a deep belly breath through your nose and breathe up through your roots.
- Hold it for about eight seconds.
- Feel the energy coming into your body and calming you down.
- Now breathe the nervous energy out through your mouth.
- Repeat this a few times until you feel calm and your thinking is more clear and rational.
Really observe how you feel before and after these techniques. To retrain yourself to be grounded, it’s best to do these techniques first thing in the morning, at night before bed (it helps you sleep), and during the day when you feel yourself holding your breath and running around. Like anything else, being grounded is a habit. By doing this every day, over time you will inherently be more chill while getting more done and commanding your presence in the world, without saying a word.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Self-care Kits $5 & Up
Meditation Pillows $10 & Up
Books About Breathing Techniques $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.