50th Birthday Ideas: 3 Audacious Ways to Celebrate Your 50th Birthday During the Pandemic by Lisa Levine
Women turning 50 during the coronavirus pandemic need to get creative with big ways to celebrate. Ladies, here are some ideas for your 50th birthday :
1. Create a “This is Your Life” Keepsake
We may be socially distanced, but that doesn’t mean you can’t connect deeply, meaningfully and hilariously! Make Zoom appointments with your friends and family and interview them with some simple simple questions like:
- How do we know each other?
- What’s your favorite memory of me or of us together?
- What three words would you use to describe me?
- What’s the No. 1 thing we should together when this pandemic is behind us?
You can even record the Zoom call and keep to to brighten any blue days ahead. Don’t have Zoom? Make the ask via email, print out your responses and bind them together or paste them into a blank book. If anyone is hesitant, make sure you use the fact that it’s your freaking birthday to help prod them along!
2. Indulge in Yourself
This is your chance to give yourself something special – from yourself. Here are some ideas:
- Book a session with a psychic, an astrologer or some other type of “fortune teller” as a fun way to dip into the future.
- Hire a style expert to go through your closet with you and make recommendations for ways to redefine or reemphasize your look as you head into your fifties (this can happen online).
- Book a yoga retreat for your 51st birthday.
- Hire a life coach or a health coach.
You get the picture!
3. Share the Love
A common theme around hitting midlife is the desire for more meaning and purpose. What better place to start then your pandemic 50th? Whether it’s reaching out to local assisted living communities or nursing homes, answering phones for a community hotline, making food for the homeless or even baking cookies or delivering a meal to your neighbor who’s been home with four kids for the last 10 months, doing something for others can be a win-win for all involved.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
50th Birthday Gifts for Women $5 & Up
50th Birthday Decorations $5 & Up
Blank Photo Albums $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.