Have Hearts on the Mind? 6 Simple Steps to Heart Health During American Heart Month by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
The month of love is upon us. As people worldwide prepare to celebrate their love for friends, family and the person who stole their heart, it is critical that we take a moment and practice a little self-love for our own heart. Let’s be honest: Your heart deserves a little love.
- Catch some extra Zs. Plan to get at least eight hours of sleep every night.
- Get a checkup. Visit your health-care provider – like a nurse practitioner – to get a checkup and monitor your heart health.
- Cut back on alcohol. Share a few pieces of dark chocolate with your loved one instead.
- Put in the work. Love takes work. So does your heart’s health. Try to increase the amount of exercise you’re getting daily.
- Don’t be that kind of “smoking hot date.” If you are a smoker, make plans to quit. Also avoid secondhand smoke. Your heart will thank you.
This year as we celebrate Valentine’s Day, let’s show our hearts a little love.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links. The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.