Techniques to Avoid Election Anxiety: How to Disconnect to Reconnect for Your Well-being by Neha O'Rourke
How can you disconnect from election anxiety in order to reconnect with your well-being? With the combination of being stuck inside for eight months because of the coronavirus pandemic, limited accessibility to places outside our home, work and the election, I found myself spending waaaay too much time mindlessly on screens. Listening to that energy, I made an active effort to disconnect more by:
- Taking a one week social media/screen time detox.
- Setting limits to reading the news and work time on screens.
- Being more mindful of my energy.
The results from that intentional disconnect were game-changing:
- Less anxious: With the craziness of 2020, it was nice to have some space from constant conversation about the pandemic, the election, etc. That space allowed me to feel more relaxed and peaceful.
- Better sleep: I'm not a great sleeper in the first place, but swapping my bedtime Instagram scroll with music, meditation, reading, etc., allowed me to achieve a more rested night's sleep Improved focus and creativity. The mental clarity from creating that space was game changing. I was more easily able to get creative, manifest and focus on what I truly want.
- Being more present: I noticed the little things around me, was more present with the people I love and even more mindful when eating.
- New learnings turned into intentions: Through taking a step back, I realized what was no longer serving my energy. I'm excited to create new habits with my screen time/social media that shift my behavior from mindless to mindful.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Mindful Eating Workbook: Simple Mindfulness Practices to Nurture a Healthy Relationship With Food $13
Mindfulness Journals $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.