Stressed Out, Mom & Dad? Try These "Me Moments" to Calm & De-stress by Deborah Ann Davis, Parenting Coach
The daily pressures of parenting are enormous. Fostering a strong relationship with your children, promoting positive mental and intellectual growth, understanding and tending to their emotional and basic needs every single day can be overwhelming, and frankly, exhausting. Every mom deserves a little me-time to reconnect, destress and unwind.
In my book, How to Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door, I emphasize the importance of taking a little time to relieve built-up anxiety, especially during these times of intense change and stress. Here is my quick fix, or "Me Moments," for stressed-out moms and dads:
- Sit up straight and take a deep, calming breath in.
- Place your fist at your naval as if you are zipping up your sweatshirt. Zip yourself up, all the way below your lip, then twist/lock your imaginary zipper in place.
- Reach your hand over your shoulder and grasp an imaginary blanket, then pulling it over your head and down to below your nose.
- Then twist and unlock your zipper.
- Doing this works to cultivate willpower and a healthy mindset and to block negative energy from people around you.
The Heart-Brain Connection
- Place your right palm on your right temple and your left palm over your heart. Relax and breathe normally until you have a sigh or yawn.
- Keeping your left palm over your heart, shift your right palm to your forehead. Relax and breathe normally until you have a sigh or yawn.
- Place your right palm over your heart and place your left palm over your left temple. Relax and breathe normally until you have a sigh or yawn.
- Keeping your right palm over your heart, shift your left palm over to the back of your head. Cover the bulge at the base of your skull. Relax and breathe normally until you have a sigh or yawn
- Doing this works to center and calm you. The sighing and yawning are signs your energy and emotions have shifted.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Funny Wine Glass $15
Stress Balls $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.