Good-for-You Snack Ideas: Healthy Eating Hacks for On-the-Go Families by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Some days, healthy eating is hard. It takes time and preparation to ensure your family isn’t hitting the drive-through or grabbing processed food to fend off hunger on the run. If you’re among the millions striving to eat more nutritiously as a family, these hacks are for you:
- Stock up on grab-and-go snacks. Apples and bananas don’t require any prep and can easily be tossed in a bag.
- Store single-serving leftovers. Pack portable containers with no-brainer healthy options.
- Keep car snacks handy. Non-perishables like nuts, dried fruit and whole-grain bars are perfect for food emergencies.
- Let your blender do the work. Experiment with smoothie recipes that sneak in fruits and veggies and can be consumed on the run.
- Slice and dice ahead of time. Spend 10 minutes chopping fruit and veggies the night before.
Healthy eating doesn’t mean slaving over gourmet meals – it’s finding everyday strategies that keep your family fueled and functioning on even the busiest days. While 75 percent of Americans claim they eat a healthy diet, that number is really much, much smaller. Use this month to reset your family’s habits with these simple tips!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
Healthy Snacks $3 & Up
Portable Snack Containers $5 & Up
Granola Bars $3 & Up
Dried Fruit $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.