Daily Movement Habits: 5 Ways How You Move Keeps You From Reaching Your Full Potential by Erica Hornthal
Have you ever thought to yourself, "If only I could find the motivation to get this done?" Feel like you are living someone else's life, or that you just have to get through the next couple years and then it will be self-care time? Life is too short to not make the most of every moment and opportunity to be the best version of yourself.
You can change those thoughts by simply changing the way you move. Here are five ways your movements may be keeping you from reaching your potential:
- You are always on the go – going from one thing to the next. Your body needs downtime and your brain needs to be bored to tap into your creativity and imagination. Always on social media? Put the phone down and smell the roses.
- You breathe from your shoulders, not your gut. Breathing from your shoulders perpetuates a shallow breath. Breathing from your diaphragm allows your parasympathetic nervous system to relax and calm your body and mind.
- You only participate in high-intensity exercise. This can wire your brain to always be in a fight-or-flight response. Practicing gentle forms of exercise creates a balanced system that knows how to self-regulate.
- You are never alone. You need space to connect to your core self. As long as your child is safe, locking that bathroom door can be just the time you need to regroup and check in with your mental health.
- You sit at a desk all day. Staying in one position all day stifles your motivation, prevents the flow of creativity and is not good for your posture or circulation.
If you fall under these conditions, good news! You can change your movement habits and step into your potential. Challenge the ways you move and your brain will thank you.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Desk Exercise Equipment $20 & Up
Books About Breathing $4 & Up
Yoga Equipment $6 & Up
Books About Movement $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.