Endometriosis Support: 8 Ways to Help a Friend or Loved One Suffering With the Disease by Samantha Bowick
Millions of women suffer with endometriosis. Do you know someone with endometriosis, but aren’t sure how to help? Here are eight things you can do to help endometriosis patients:
- Don’t ignore their pain. Instead, listen to them.
- Spend quality time with them. Offer to come over and watch a movie or something that isn’t a physical activity.
- Go to doctor appointments with them. Going to doctor appointments is stressful and it can be helpful to have a second person their reiterating what we are saying.
- Drive them around. If they don’t feel up to driving, offer to take them to school, work, grocery shopping, etc.
- Don’t judge. I know it’s hard not to give your opinion, but it’s not effective and can oftentimes be destructive unless they ask you.
- Just be there for them. If you tell them you’re here for them, make sure you mean it.
- Reach out as best you can.
- Make a care package for them. It doesn’t have to be big or extravagant, just let them know you care about them.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Endometriosis Awareness T-shirts $15 & Up
Books About Endometriosis $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.