Trying to Live Healthier This Year? 5 Reasons Why Seeing an Nurse Practitioner Should Be Part of Your Health Plan by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
The beginning of the year is the time to start new traditions and healthy habits. While losing weight and saving money perennially top the list, rethinking your health care provider and your whole approach to care is a smart move. Here are five reasons seeing a nurse practitioner (NP) may be a better choice:
- It’s easier to get an appointment. The average wait time for a physician is 24 days.
- They spend more time with you. NPs are better listeners and spend more time with patients.
- They care about the whole you. NPs treat the whole patient, not just what’s wrong on a certain day.
- They work where you live. NPs are more likely to serve in areas where there is the greatest demand for care.
- They like what they do. NPs are among the most satisfied health-care workers in the U.S.
Resolutions are supposed to make you a healthier, better person. An NP can help!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.