Coping With Holiday Stress: 5 Expert Tips to Help Alleviate Christmas Anxiety by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
The holidays can be the most wonderful time of the year. They can also be the most stressful. Nearly a quarter of Americans experience “extreme stress” during the holidays. Don’t let your anxiety get the best of you. Here are tips to help you navigate this tricky time of year:
- Too many decisions. From menus to presents to parties, you may be in decision overdrive, so don’t be afraid to defer to others when you’ve reached capacity.
- An overbooked schedule. Sometimes just looking at your calendar can cause a panic attack. Embrace the power of “no” when it feels like too much.
- Strained family relations. Avoid triggers and set boundaries. Do what you can, and don’t feel compelled to sacrifice your own mental health to make others happy.
- Pressure to have the “perfect” holiday. The holidays are festive – and unpredictable. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment by trying to make everything perfect.
- Complete and total overload. If you’re overwhelmed and need help, talk to a primary care nurse practitioner about coping mechanisms to get you through.
The holidays are what we make of them. Try these tips to make this one joyful and stress-free!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Holiday Planners $6 & Up
New Year Journals $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.