Primary Care Providers: 5 Reasons People Are Choosing Nurse Practitioners! by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
Whether you’re a beacon of great health or someone who suffers from multiple conditions, everyone needs a quarterback for their health team – a primary care provider (PCP). Increasingly, people are choosing nurse practitioners (NPs) to play this important role. Here are five reasons why:
- It’s oftentimes easier to get an appointment. There are more NPs to choose from, especially in rural and shortage areas.
- They are excellent listeners. NPs spend more time getting to know patients.
- They do more than treat your problems. NPs provide wellness training and counseling for better lifetime health, in addition to diagnosing and treating illness and chronic conditions.
- They are team players. NPs are trained in care coordination, which means wrangling your specialists is part of their job description.
- They are long-term partners. While other providers are leaving primary care practice, NPs are in it for the long haul.
Everyone needs a PCP, and for more and more people, an NP is the ideal choice. Take the time to find the provider that is right for you!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.