Why Wait for Weight Loss? 5 Reasons Exercise Is Rewarding Right Away! by Susan Masterson, PhD
It’s one thing to start exercising, but without a quick reward it’s hard to stick with it. With a little thought, you can see rewards right in front of you!
- I’m alive. When I'm exercising, my senses wake up. Music is better, colors are brighter. Getting the blood flow picked up clears my head.
- I’m hopeful. Since lifestyle is the strongest predictor of chronic illness, with my family history I feel hopeful that living well will help me break the cycle.
- I get a mental break. When exercising, I can allow myself not to think about my stressors. When I change my mental channel, even for a little while, it does me wonders.
- My stress level decreases. When my life seems overwhelming, getting out and moving not only gives me a break, but the effect lasts well beyond the workout.
- Small accomplishments give me big rewards. When I'm just starting out, going X number of yards/minutes without walking (usually short) makes me feel great. Just bumping it up a little each time gives an emotional reward much bigger than the achievement.
Often, we start exercising but stop soon after. Find small rewards along the way for powerful motivators – you just have to look for them!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Exercise Equipment $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.