Why Wait for Weight Loss? 5 Reasons Exercise Is Rewarding Right Away by Susan Masterson, PhD
It’s one thing to start exercising, but without a quick reward it’s hard to stick with it. With a little thought, you can see rewards right in front of you.
- I’m alive. When I'm exercising, my senses wake up. Music is better, colors are brighter. Getting the blood flow picked up clears my head.
- I’m hopeful. Since lifestyle is the strongest predictor of chronic illness, with my family history I feel hopeful that living well will help me break the cycle.
- I get a mental break. When exercising, I can allow myself not to think about my stressors. When I change my mental channel, even for a little while, it does me wonders.
- My stress level decreases. When my life seems overwhelming, getting out and moving not only gives me a break, but the effect lasts well beyond the workout.
- Small accomplishments give me big rewards. When I'm just starting out, going X number of yards/minutes without walking (usually short) makes me feel great. Just bumping it up a little each time gives an emotional reward much bigger than the achievement.
Often, we start exercising but stop soon after. Find small rewards along the way for powerful motivators – you just have to look for them!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Exercise Equipment $5 & Up
Healthy Cookbooks $3 & Up
Portion Control Plates $6 & Up
Weight Loss Shakes $5 & Up
Weight Loss Snacks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.