Remembering the Parkland, Florida, School Shooting: Here's Something to Do on the 14th of Every Month to Honor Those Lost by Donna Mansell
Like most of you, I responded to the school shooting on February 14, 2018, in Parkland, Florida, with sadness and fear. Anxious to do something, I looked around and noticed. I noticed a lot. So, I propose this: On the 14th of each month we all take a few minutes to look around us. To notice.
- How would I get out of this particular place in an active shooter situation (or fire)?
- Where would I hide if necessary?
- What could I use to defend myself?
- Are my belongings secure enough not to hurt anyone in an earthquake?
- Where will my family meet in an emergency?
- Do I have emergency supplies?
- Are my contacts up to date?
- Have I told loved ones that I love them enough lately?
- Have I made contact with anyone who might need some love?
- Are there people in my community in need, and how can I help?
I'd also add, and this is important: notice the good. Notice the good things in your life. Notice the love, the kindness, the unexpected happy truths. Notice the good as much as the preparedness needed to receive it. There are many more things you could add to this list. Decide what you need to notice more regularly. Then take a few minutes to do so, and to act on what you notice.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.