Freaking Out About the Flu? Follow These 5 Stay-Healthy Tips! by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
The flu season this year is tracking to be one of the worst in history, largely because the predominant strain, H3N2, is one of the nastiest. Already the flu been responsible for 84 pediatric deaths and sent 12,000 and counting to the hospital, and we still have 12 plus weeks left. Here are five tips to keep you healthy while everyone else calls in sick:
- Get a flu shot. The flu sticks around through May, so if you haven’t gotten a flu shot, it’s not too late.
- Wash your hands. Use warm water, scrub in between fingers and make sure to lather long enough to sing the happy birthday song.
- Avoid germ traps. Railings, door knobs, shopping carts and keyboards are all germ magnets, so avoid if you can, or use hand sanitizer.
- Isolate toothbrushes. Sharing cups and holders enables inter-family germ breeding, so store separately to avoid flu cross-pollination.
- Skip the handshakes. Staying healthy is never impolite, so smile and nod to greet, but keep your hands to yourself.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.