Safe Fun in the Sun: 8 Sun Safety Tips to Help Reduce Your Family's Risk of Skin Cancer! by Katie Sloan
Did you know that one in five Americans will develop skin cancer? To minimize the risk, here are some tips from the Skin Cancer Foundation!
- Seek shade especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Wear UV-absorbing clothing, swimsuits and rash guards with UPF of 30+.
- Remember hats and sunglasses.
- Thirty minutes before you head out, apply water-resistant, broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30+. Reapply often.
- Keep babies under 6 months out of the sun. Apply sunscreen to older kids.
- Check your medicine cabinet. Some OTC and prescription meds can increase your risk of burning.
- About 90 percent of skin’s aging comes from the sun, so wear sunscreen year round.
- Look for products with the Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Approval.
Get more sun protection tips via the Skin Cancer Foundation here.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.