How to Stay Positive (Even When you Don’t Think It’s Possible)! by Kim Kusiciel
2 years ago
Here is what I learned after an unexpected setback following my preventative double mastectomy and breast reconstruction due to being BRCA positive.
- Putting on a smile may seem small, but it helps put everyone around you at ease. That will help you feel better, too.
- Doing normal things makes you feel normal. Do those things until you actually feel normal again.
- Take it hour by hour, day by day and week by week, until the weeks turn into months. You’ll get there. Healing has to happen in three places – the location of any wound, infection or disease as well as in your heart and mind.
- Having a positive mantra helps you stay focused on the good.
- If all else fails, fake it 'til you make it. Positivity breeds positivity.
You’ve got this and your tribe has your back!