Easy Homemade Tortilla Chips Recipe: Make These Fresh Restaurant-Style Tortilla Chips in Minutes by Jan Mostrom
You know the feeling you get when you sink your teeth into those delicious homemade tortilla chip appetizers at your favorite Mexican restaurant? Well, you can get that same great taste at home, in no time at all. Seriously!
It's really easy to make warm, restaurant-style tortilla chips for your family's snacking pleasure, without a lot of work. First, buy the freshest tortillas you can find. The fresher the tortillas, the better the chips!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 6 corn or flour tortillas (or a combination), cut into triangles for chips
- 2 to 4 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil, for frying
- sea salt, if desired
Here’s how to make them:
- Warm a high-heat cooking oil on medium-high heat.
- Gently lay in the chips. If you're using both corn and flour, keep them separate.
- Turn them over once when they're golden brown.
- Remove and blot on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.