Chicken & Dumplings in Less Than an Hour? Yep! Here's the Recipe! by Donna John
Craving comfort food? You can have a pot of chicken and dumplings on the table inexpensively, in less than an hour. Seriously!
- 1 chicken
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into dumpling-sized squares
- chopped fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes (optional)
- black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Put the water, salt and the chicken in a large pot. Add the celery and onion and bring to a boil. Cook at a slow simmer until chicken is done, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, cool slightly and remove the meat. Add the meat back to the pot along with the can of cream of chicken soup.
- Bring to a boil and add the flour tortillas. Boil, covered, about 8 minutes. Season with black pepper and salt, to taste. For color, I add chopped parsley.
It is so good! Enjoy!
Photo: Tiffany Zook made this recipe, but only used 4 cups of water and cut her tortillas into strips, like noodles.