Bruschetta: No Matter How You Pronounce It, This Recipe Is Delicious! by Jan Mostrom
5 years ago
My sweet neighbor gave me three amazing red tomatoes that I turned into a beautiful bruschetta to share with both our families. Here's the simple recipe (adjust if needed to suit your taste).
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- French bread
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Use 3 large ripe tomatoes of any color (some people prefer to peel the tomatoes, but I never bother). Chop them.
- Add 1 to 2 cloves crushed garlic, a splash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, some fresh chopped basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast french bread slices in the oven with olive oil drizzled on it.
- Top bread with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if you'd like.