Best Basil Bruschetta Recipe: This Easy Tomato, Basil & Garlic Bruschetta Is a Flavorful Appetizer or Lunch by Jan Mostrom
It's the season of vine-ripe tomatoes, and this easy bruschetta appetizer is a delicious way to use them. My sweet neighbor gave me three amazing red tomatoes that I turned into a beautiful basil, garlic and Parmesan bruschetta to share with both our families. Here's the simple recipe that makes a flavorful appetizer or light lunch. Feel free to adjust as needed to suit your tastes. It's just the best bruschetta recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- splash of balsamic vinegar, to taste
- splash of olive oil, to taste
- handful of fresh basil, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, sliced
- Parmesan cheese, shredded, to taste
Here's how you make it:
- Dice 3 large ripe tomatoes of any color (some people prefer to peel the tomatoes, but I never bother).
- Add 1 to 2 cloves crushed garlic, a splash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, some fresh chopped basil, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast french bread slices in the oven with olive oil drizzled on it (about 5 minutes).
- Top bread with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, to taste.