Camila Alves McConaughey's No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Recipe: Just 5 Ingredients by Ann Marie Patitucci
You may have first heard of Camila Alves McConaughey through her connection to actor Matthew McConaughey. Indeed, Camila is married to the Oscar-winning actor. Did you know that she is also a mother of three, entrepreneur, healthy-eating advocate and founder of the community and lifestyle website called Women of Today? She’s been building the lifestyle community since 2015, with the hopes that her audience will “connect with Women of Today.”
Alves McConaughey was inspired to create the site and community while growing her family. She told her hometown Austin Chronicle, "Matthew and I were building a family and I felt responsible for other beings. I needed to understand what we were putting into our bodies. People say all the time, 'You are what you eat.' But the reality is, we also have all sorts of environmental things we can't control ... If I can be good 80 percent of the time, then my body can recover from the 20 percent that I'm not ... I think 80/20 is something we can all try to achieve..."
Women of Today offers community as well as health and wellness tips, including budget-friendly recipes, even those for beginners, such as this easy no-bake lemon cheesecake recipe. I love this no-bake lemon dessert for several reasons: it’s no-bake, it only has five ingredients, it’s super easy to make and it’s as pretty as it is delicious.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus time to chill
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes plus chill time
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 boxes (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- lemon slices and zest, for garnishing or shredded coconut, optional (Camila uses lemon slices)
Here’s how to make it:
- Crush cookies, add melted butter and mix. Press into the bottom of a 6-inch springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and lemon juice. Using a mixer, beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until well combined.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat for another 2 to 3 minutes or until cheesecake batter is light and fluffy. Spoon batter into the springform pan. Sprinkle a small amount of lemon zest on top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove springform outer ring and place thinly sliced lemon slices around the edge of the cheesecake or press shredded coconut around the edges. Slice and serve cold.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.