Instant Pot™ Creamy Corn Soup Recipe: Entice Your Taste Buds With This Creamy Corn Soup by Melissa Vickers
I got in a mood for a creamy soup today and went looking for a soup recipe that might make use of a can of creamed corn I had in my pantry. I found two corn soup recipes that looked good, and combined parts of both and added a bit here and there. The result was just what my taste buds were hungry for!
This creamy Instant Pot™ corn soup is made with onion, broccoli, sundried tomatoes, butter, fresh garlic, flour, fresh thyme, canned cream-style corn, canned whole-kernel corn, potato, chicken bone broth, half and half and cream cheese. The soup is simple to make in the pressure cooker and is on the table in about 40 minutes.
The soup garnish can be whatever you enjoy. I used french-fried onions and some croutons. But if you're watching your carbs, you don't even need a garnish. Add bacon, if that’s your thing, or fresh chopped parsley. A good crusty bread makes a great companion to this soup for lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14 ounces) creamed corn
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweet whole-kernel corn
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (or use vegetable broth)
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese
- garnishes: french-fried onions, chopped fresh parsley, crumbled bacon, croutons (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Set Instant Pot™ to Saute. Melt butter and add onion, broccoli, tomatoes and garlic. Stir 2 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Add flour and thyme and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in corn and potatoes.
- Add broth and cream.
- Set Instant Pot™ on Soup setting for 20 minutes and set for “sealing.”
- Do a quick release. Serve in bowls with your choice of garnish.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Instant Pots $50 & Up
Cream-style Corn $1 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Sundried Tomatoes $3 & Up
Soup Bowls $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.