Sweet Corn Bisque Recipe With Grilled Chicken: Put This 30-Minute Mexican Corn Soup Recipe on Repeat by Donna John
Velvety smooth, sweet and packed with Mexican flavors, this easy corn bisque recipe is one you'll make over and over again. The addition of chopped chicken makes it a complete meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 cups chopped cooked grilled chicken breast or 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1 bag (15 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the chili powder and cumin. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the corn and cook about 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and stir until combined.
- With an immersion blender, blend until smooth, or leave a few chunks if you prefer it not completely smooth. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through and thickened to your preference.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls. Top with some chopped chicken.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Immersion Blenders $12 & Up
Large Pots $10 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.