Grilled Rack of Lamb Lollipops Recipe With Mint Pesto Pomegranate Sauce by Chef Gigi
Nothing says spring like lamb! While we are still waiting patiently for spring to arrive, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a new lamb recipe that tastes like springtime.
The lamb for this recipe is butchered into individual lollipops. A refreshing pesto is made with butter, garlic, pomegranate seeds, almonds and mint leaves in the blender. The lamb is grilled then served with the mint pesto pomegranate sauce. So easy, fresh and delicious!
The best thing about grilling individual lollipops from a rack of lamb is that they cook so fast and are so juicy and flavorful. You can combine the lamb with any flavor, and I often like to eat it right off the grill without sauce. Serve this grilled lamb with your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 lamb racks, butchered to individual lollipops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and root removed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (divided)
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves, stems discarded
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the grill for indirect and direct cooking over medium-high heat. Cut the rack of lamb in between the bones into individual lollipop portions. Season with salt and pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
- Add half of the pomegranate seeds and blitz to liquid in the bowl of your food processor. Strain the pom juice into a small cup and set aside.
- Wash and dry the food processor in the bowl to remove any pith or seeds left behind. Add almonds, mint leaves and garlic to the clean processor bowl. Blitz until a paste begins to form. Drizzle in the pom juice and melted butter while the processor runs.
- Place the seasoned lamb chops' meaty medallion portions on the hot side of a well-oiled grill for about 4 minutes. Flip the lollipops over and grill for an additional 2 to 4 minutes. Flip the chops again but to the indirect side of the grill. Baste with pesto sauce.
- Grill until an instant-read thermometer is inserted in the middle of the little medallion and reads rare at 120 degrees F internal temperature, about 6 to 8 minutes into grilling. Remove and allow to rest to 125 degrees F for medium rare. Garnish with the remaining pomegranate seeds.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.