Creamy Chanterelle Sauce Recipe: This Fabulous Mushroom Sauce Recipe Cooks in 10 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Chanterelles are a type of wild mushroom. The popular funnel-shaped mushroom is most productive in fall and winter, but you can find them in some stores year-round. You can eat chanterelles raw, but cooking the mushrooms really brings out their flavor. This creamy chanterelle mushroom sauce is one of the most popular ways to use the mushroom.
The easy chanterelle sauce is made with fresh chanterelles, clarified butter (you could use regular butter), onion, garlic, heavy cream, chicken or vegetable broth, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. A little flour is whisked into the sauce to help thicken it. The result is an amazing mushroom sauce that you can use in so many different ways.
Ladle this chanterelle sauce over fresh pasta, polenta, mashed potatoes, gnocchi, grilled steak or chicken, or serve as a side dish in a small bowl with your favorite protein. If you can't find chanterelles, you could use button mushrooms or your favorite wild mushrooms instead.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chanterelles, cleaned and cut into pieces if large
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 - 2 teaspoons flour
- fresh chopped parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Increase the heat to high and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the heavy cream, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring, about 2 more minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the fresh parsley.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepans $10 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.