Blueberry Protein Pancakes Recipe: A Quick Gluten-free Breakfast by TotalShape
Our bodies need protein to work right and stay healthy. Protein is found in our organs, muscles, bones, tissues, skin and hair. Protein plays a crucial part in our energy levels, helps us fight infection and keeps our cells healthy and reproducing. If you want to add more protein to your diet, you can think beyond chicken breast or other meats. You can add protein to your diet with this easy blueberry protein pancake recipe.
These gluten-free fluffy pancakes are made with almond flour instead of regular white flour, along with protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, eggs, milk, vanilla and blueberries. The simple pancake batter is cooked in a skillet or on a griddle for a few minutes until golden and cooked through.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe, but we think fresh is always best. Serve these protein pancakes with maple syrup, yogurt or your favorite pancake topping.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy alternative will both work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 cup blueberries
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk the flour, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk again until a smooth, thick consistency.
- Add in the blueberries to the mixture.
- Heat a pan on medium heat with some oil or butter. Take a spoonful of the pancake mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip until lightly browned.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.