Chocolate Peanut Butter Edible Cookie Dough Footballs: A Sweet Recipe for the Big Game by Food Lion
Touchdown! Decorated to look just like the classic pigskin, these fun cookie dough footballs are the perfect sweet treat for gameday. Chocolate and peanut butter are a winning combination. These cute little edible cookie dough footballs are really easy to make for your big game get-together.
Wondering why you bake the flour first for this recipe? Raw flour can contain bacteria (think e. coli and salmonella), so the flour must reach a temperature of 160 degrees F before it's safe to eat. The process is easy. The flour is poured evenly onto a baking sheet and baked in a 350-degree F oven for about 5 minutes. Cool the flour and it is ready for your edible dough.
For some crunch, you could add 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts in step two of the recipe. Keep these sweet edible dough footballs refrigerated until you're ready to serve for dessert or snacking.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the flour evenly onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool completely at room temperature.
- Beat the toasted flour, peanut butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar, milk and salt together in a large bowl until smooth, using a hand mixer.
- Roll the dough into 1 tablespoon-sized balls. Form the balls into football shapes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, microwave the semisweet chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment, until melted and smooth. Repeat with the white chocolate. Transfer the melted white chocolate to a resealable plastic bag and cut a tip from the corner of the bag. Set aside for piping.
- Dip the chilled peanut butter footballs in the melted semisweet chocolate to coat. Return to the rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes.
- Pipe white chocolate lines resembling laces with the onto each peanut butter football.
Photo: Food Lion
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Flour $2 & Up
Creamy Peanut Butter $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
White Baking Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.