Soft Italian Pistachio Cookies Recipe: A Must for Your Cookie Jar by 30Seconds Food
We love our Italian cookies! From Italian butter balls to ricotta cookies to pizzelle cookies to amaretti cookies, we just can't get enough. This soft Italian pistachio cookie recipe is another to add to that list.
This pistachio cookie recipe has just a few ingredients: pistachios, sugar, an egg, butter, vanilla, flour and baking powder. The cookie dough is baked for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. The cookies are moist, soft, chewy and have a subtle pistachio flavor.
Be sure to beat the sugar and egg together until light and fluffy. This is what helps make the cookies soft. Also make sure your butter is at room temperature before adding it to the eggs and sugar. You can top the cookies with more chopped pistachios before baking, if desired. Store these cookies in an airtight container– or cookie jar!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 22 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Here's how to make it:
- Pulse the pistachios in a blender or food processor until coarsely ground.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and egg together until light and fluffy. Add the butter and vanilla. Continue to beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and pistachios. Mix well.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons full onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to cool completely.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.