Best Amaretti Cookie Recipe: This Chewy Italian Almond Cookie Recipe Is the Perfect Way to Say I Love You (or Ti Amo) by 30Seconds Food
Amaretti cookies are an Italian cookie made with almond flour, egg whites and almond extract. The easy almond cookie recipe is gluten free, a little crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. Divine!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 22 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 32 to 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 3 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or bitter almond extract
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in the almond extract.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Put a little granulated sugar in a small bowl. Roll tablespoons full of the dough into a balls, lightly sprinkle with some granulated sugar and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Almond Flour $4 & Up
Almond Extract $3 & Up
Bitter Almond Extract $8 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Cookie Sheets $8 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.