30-Minute Creamy Vegan Corn Chowder Recipe With Potatoes by Melissa Vickers
Creamy soups scream comfort food. This creamy corn chowder recipe will comfort vegans and non-vegans, with the creaminess that comes from coconut milk and almond milk. The potatoes and the pureed corn add to the satisfying taste of a warm soup for cold days.
This vegan corn chowder recipe is made with potatoes, red bell pepper, corn, celery and carrots in a broth flavored with smoked paprika, Cajun seasoning and bay leaves. The Cajun season is optional, but it's perfect for those who like just a touch of heat. The creamy dairy-free soup only takes about 20 minutes to cook, and is on the table in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 5 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (divided)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper (or 4 to 5 mini sweet peppers), cut into medium-sized chunks
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (optional)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 green onion, cut into rings and/or 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Put 2 cups of the corn, the coconut milk and almond milk into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a large pot, sauté the onion in some oil until it becomes translucent. Add the rest of the vegetables, the spices, bay leaves, vegetable broth and pureed corn. Bring to boil and cook for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with green onion and/or parsley.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Coconut Milk $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.