Bacon Apple Biscuits Recipe: A Brilliantly Flavorful Biscuit Recipe by Opal Apples
Biscuits made with white cheddar, bacon, rosemary and apples are a perfect addition to any holiday meal, Sunday brunch or Monday breakfast. The dough mixes up quickly and results in tender biscuits with so many flavors and textures inside. It's biscuit perfection!
Opal Apples are a cross between a Golden Delicious apple and a Topaz apple, which means they not only have a unique crunch but also a sweet and tangy taste to match. This yellow apple is the first variety in the country to be verified by the Non-GMO Project so they’re super healthy, too! And our favorite attribute is that they're one of the few naturally non-browning apples. No need to dip them in lemon juice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen and grated
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 Opal Apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss in the frozen, grated butter to coat butter evenly (it will resemble coarse crumbs).
- Stir in the rosemary, apple, cheese, bacon and 1 cup of the buttermilk. Mix until it comes together and a sticky dough is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface and roll out to 3/4-inch thickness. Place the biscuits onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush the tops of each biscuit with a little of the remaining buttermilk.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Photos: Opal Apples
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.