5-Ingredient Bleu Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe: Creamy on the Inside, Crispy on the Outside by Elisa Schmitz
When it comes to potato recipes, what’s better: creamy mashed or crispy baked? How about both! This five-ingredient bleu cheese mashed potato casserole recipe makes potatoes that are creamy on the inside, crispy on the outside. A side dish win-win!
This simple mashed potato bake recipe is sure to please fans of both mashed and baked potatoes. Not a fan of blue cheese? You could substitute feta, cheddar or even Boursin garlic cheese, if you prefer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 6 - 8 medium russet potatoes, peeled and boiled until soft
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 4 - 6 ounces bleu cheese crumbles (or your preferred cheese)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (divided)
- 2 ounces shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, place potatoes you have cooked until soft. Add butter, bleu cheese and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Mash together until blended.
- Put potato mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray or lined with aluminum foil. Top with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.