Moroccan Orange Cake Recipe: This Moist Cake Doesn't Need Frosting by 30Seconds Food
Serve this orange cake for dessert, afternoon tea, breakfast or as a snack. For the best flavor, be sure to use fresh orange juice. Store the cake covered at room temperature. If you want it prettier, you could dust it with powdered sugar after it cools.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here's how to make it:
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until thick.
- Beat in the vegetable oil.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the orange juice and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the orange zest and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured tube pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes. Cool the cake about 10 minutes before inverting on a rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
We may occasionally reference products or brands in our content based on a contributor’s personal use or opinion. But 30Seconds is in no way affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties or guarantees about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program, which means we may earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.