Silky Chinese Chicken & Corn Soup Recipe: On the Table in Less Than 20 by 30Seconds Food
Chinese chicken and corn soup is silky, creamy and loaded with Asian flavors. This soup is creamy, but it contains no cream, which is perfect for those who have a dairy allergy or sensitivity. Best of all? This savory soup recipe is on the table in about 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) creamed corn
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- chopped green onions, for serving
- sesame oil, for serving (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the broth, creamed corn, soy sauce, cooking wine, ginger and garlic into a saucepot. Stir together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and add to the mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat off and whisk in the egg.
- Add the chicken and heat through. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped green onion. Drizzle with a little sesame oil, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Creamed Corn $1 & Up
Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Cooking Sherry $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Chinese Cooking Wine $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.