Browned Butter Bread Pudding Recipe With Melted Ice Cream Sauce by Donna John
Melted ice cream sauce? Yes, that's what caught my eye with this bread pudding recipe. Melted ice cream is my go-to sauce for peaches and cream. You can also make melted ice cream pancakes and magic bread. Melted ice cream is a great cooking hack. But over bread pudding? Oh, my.
This is my variation on an Epicurious bread pudding recipe. Serve this moist, sweet bread pudding for dessert and everyone is sure to rush through dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk or half and half
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 6 cups cubed day-old (stale) brioche or French bread
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, melted
Here's how to make it:
- Grease a 8x8-inch baking pan, casserole dish or ovenproof skillet with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- In a saucepot, melt the remaining butter over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove and cool until just warm.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, orange zest, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk in the browned butter.
- Add the cubed bread and mix to combine. Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To serve, drizzle with the melted ice cream.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8x8-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Casserole Dishes $8 & Up
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.