20-Minute Garlic Chicken Recipe With Fresh Basil Sauce (No, It's Not Pesto) by Donna John
Basil sauce is my new jam. It's quick, fresh, full of flavor and so versatile. Because I wanted to find new ways to use this dairy-free green sauce recipe, I decided to try it on chicken. It was a big success!
This easy chicken recipe is pan-seared in olive oil and garlic. So simple. What makes this chicken stand out is the basil sauce spooned over the top. The combination is addictive.
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons flour (optional)
- olive oil
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 - 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or to taste)
Here's how to make it:
- Plunge the basil leaves into a pot of boiling water. Boil for 30 seconds. Immediately remove to an ice bath. Drain and squeeze out as much water as you can. Put all the ingredients into a blender. Blend until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add more lemon juice, if needed. Set aside.
- To make the chicken, season both sides with salt and pepper. If using flour, lightly dust the chicken on one side or both sides (I did one side). Drizzle with a little olive oil, if desired.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over and sprinkle with the garlic. Reduce heat to medium and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Put the chicken onto a serving plate and spoon the basil sauce over the top.
Note: Because there's just the two of us, I only used two chicken breasts. I did not cut the basil sauce in half and saved the rest for another use.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.