Creamy Garlic & Parmesan Baked Potato Stacks Recipe: An Easy New Way to Cook Potatoes by Donna John
Mashed potatoes and baked potatoes are delicious, but there are so many ways to cook a potato. Smashed potatoes, Ukrainian potatoes, Amish potatoes and even German potatoes are in my recipe rotation. Now, this garlic and Parmesan potato stacks recipe has joined the club.
Muffin tins make this impressive potato recipe easy to assemble. (You can use regular-size muffin tins or jumbo muffin tins.) If you don't have fresh thyme, throw in some dried thyme or even rosemary to flavor the cream. This recipe can easily be doubled for larger families.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
- 2 medium russet potatoes, sliced about 1/8-inch thick
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cream, garlic, nutmeg and thyme into a saucepot. Season with black pepper, to taste. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring, then remove from heat. Set aside.
- Toss the potato slices in salt and pepper.
- Layer the potatoes in a muffin tin where they come just to the top of each muffin cup.
- Spoon the cream over each potato stack.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender.
- Let the potatoes sit for about 5 minutes before removing. Sprinkle with more fresh thyme, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $6 & Up
Jumbo Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Dried Thyme $4 & Up
Dried Rosemary $4 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.