Pumpkin Protein Pancakes Recipe: Bring in Fall With This Healthy Recipe by Susan Bowerman, M.S., R.D., CSSD, CSOWM, FAND
Did you know that National Pancake Day falls on September 26? And nothing says fall flavor like pumpkin, so why not celebrate with a pumpkin protein recipe?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 pancakes
- 2 scoops Herbalife Nutrition Protein Drink Mix, Vanilla* (or your favorite protein drink mix)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon + 1/4 teaspoon ginger + 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
Here's how to make it:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together protein drink mix, flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend together the milk, pumpkin, eggs, oil and honey until smooth. Pour over dry ingredients and whisk together just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be thick.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop up a scant 1/4 cup of batter and pour onto heated griddle (375 degrees F), spreading gently with a knife to about 3 inches in diameter. Pancakes will be thick. Cook for about 3 minutes, until nicely browned on the underside, then turn over and cook an additional 3 minutes until brown.
Nutrition Facts Per serving (4 pancakes): Calories: 320, Protein: 16g, Carbohydrates: 37g, Fat: 10g, Fiber: 2.5g
Only when prepared as instructed on the product label does our product deliver the full nutrition benefits described on that label.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Can Pumpkin $2 & Up
Protein Drink Mixes $10 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $1 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Pumpkin Pie Spice $4 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $4 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.