3-Ingredient Black Bean Soup Recipe: This Budget Recipe Cooks in 10 Minutes by Ann Marie Patitucci
I absolutely love soup and I eat it year 'round. To be honest, though, I seldom make homemade soup. I decided that I needed to change that. Considering grocery prices, restaurant prices and that fact that homemade is just better, I figured it was time to find some soup recipes that I thought I could handle.
This three-ingredient black bean soup recipe checks all the boxes for me: it’s quick, delicious, customizable and about as easy as it gets. There are many suggestions below for how to customize it to your liking, such as how to make it vegan, how to make it spicier and lower in sodium.
Cuisine: Mexican / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) black beans (I use low-sodium black beans)
- 1 cup chicken broth (for vegan soup, use vegetable broth)
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes (for some spice, use diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, crushed red pepper, green onions, chives, diced jalapeños, etc. (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from stove and blend using an immersion blender or a stand blender. Serve with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Black Beans $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Diced Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Soup Pot $10 & Up
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.