Lemon Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo Recipe Makes Everyone Happy by Ann Marie Patitucci
In our home, my husband is both the carnivore eater and carnivore cook, while I am the herbivore eater and cook (OK, I’m the carbs eater and cook!). Regardless, I end up cooking pasta recipes more than anything, and I’m excited about this one!
I love lemon and alfredo sauce, and the hubby and kids love shrimp, so this lemon shrimp alfredo pasta recipe was a great choice to add to our pasta rotation. I served it over fettucine which was a big hit, but feel free to skip the pasta if you’re more of a carnivore.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 tablespoons salted butter (divided)
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons (1 for zest and 1 for juice and serving)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 12 - 16 ounces fettucine (or your favorite pasta), cooked al dente and drained
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot and the butter has melted, add the shrimp and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink in color and cooked, roughly 2 to 3 minutes. Quickly remove them from the skillet.
- Add cream and the remaining 10 tablespoons of butter to the same skillet. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, lowering the heat as needed, making sure it doesn't boil.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Parmesan, garlic, lemon zest and juice of half a lemon. Return shrimp to the skillet and coat in the sauce. Add parsley and pasta. Toss to combine. Taste and modify the seasoning as needed.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and more parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges from remaining half of lemon.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.