Brazilian Collard Greens Recipe: This Simple Side Dish Recipe From Brazil Cooks in 5 Minutes by Donna John
Crisp and garlicy, this Brazilian collard greens recipe is nothing like the tender, cook-for-hours collard greens eaten in the south. These collard greens are bright, crunchy and are often eaten with feijoada in Brazil.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large bunch fresh collard greens, washed and dried with paper towels
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
- coarse salt, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Remove the tough center stem from each collard green leaf. Stack the leaves together, then fold the leaves in half and roll into a tight cylinder. Cut the leaves into very thin strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the collard greens and cook until wilted but crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season with coarse salt, to taste.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Collard Greens Cookbooks $5 & Up
Brazil Cookbooks $5 & Up
Coarse Salt $2 & Up
Chef Knives $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.