Easy Moqueca Recipe: This Rich Brazilian Shrimp Stew Recipe Is Mmm Mmm Good by 30Seconds Food
Moqueca is a Brazilian seafood stew made with shrimp – sometimes fish – and tomatoes, onions, garlic and lime. The rich seafood soup recipe will warm you up on a cold night. Serve with rice or hot bread.
Prep Time: 30 minutes to marinate shrimp
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (divided)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the shrimp, half the lime juice and half the garlic in a bowl. Toss to combine and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining garlic, jalapeno, crushed red pepper flakes and paprika and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until shrimp are almost cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes depending on size.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Coconut Milk $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.